Last Modified: March 23, 2018
Please read this Policy so that you can make an informed decision about using the Services. If you do not agree to all the terms in this Policy, do not use the Services. By registering an account to use the Services and by using the Services, you are agreeing to this Policy and consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
We obtain Personal Information about you in the following ways:
- Information that you provide to us. When you register an account to use the Services, you provide us with information about yourself, including your first and last name, address, email, phone number, organization and job title. As you use the Services, there may be other circumstances in which you provide us with additional information about yourself, for example, by completing assignments or participating in discussions in connection with a Course. If you apply for a scholarship, we may ask for additional information in your scholarship application.
- Information that we obtain from other sources. From time to time we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as providers of other services where you have consented to those providers providing information about you to us, or from third parties that develop information about consumers.
Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide the Services to you (including providing confirmation of completion of any Courses or Certificate Programs), to understand usage of the Services so we can make improvements to the Services, to analyze in an effort to better understand our Services and business in general and to understand your behavior and preferences so we can offer additional products, services and other opportunities that we believe will be of value to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our affiliates that provide services to us.
- To our service providers that help us provide the Services (e.g., payment processors, instructors, etc.). However, we will share Personal Information with such service providers only if they agree to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to use your Personal Information only in connection with providing the Services and other services to us. These other entities may use and disclose information as provided in this Policy.
- To our scholarship sponsors. We provide reports to our scholarship sponsors regarding the scholarships that they have provided, including, as applicable, the scholarship recipient’s name, state, affiliated school, title, classes taken and/or completed and certificates earned.
- If compelled to in connection with a legal or regulatory proceeding, or in connection with enforcing our rights or defending ourselves in a legal or regulatory process.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information for so long as we believe necessary to meet our business needs and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We may also share information or data in a form that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact an individual person. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose this non-personal information for any purposes. Non-personal information that we collect may include information regarding your activities on the Services, which may be aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our users or sponsors and to understand which parts of the Services are of most interest.
Access to Personal Information
We limit access to your Personal Information to people and entities that have a need to use your information for our business purposes.
You may access some items of Personal Information through your account profile, as well as change or correct those items of Personal Information through your account profile. You may request access to additional Personal Information that is not available via your account profile, or request to correct, amend or delete any Personal Information that is inaccurate or incomplete, by contacting us through our contact information, below. However, please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Information for our own business records.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Transfer of Personal Information
We reserve the right to transfer all Personal Information in our possession to a successor organization in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other sale of all or a portion of our assets. Subject to legal requirements, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
No Use by Children
The Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian please contact us.
The Chef Ann Foundation and School Food Institute are based in the United States. The Services are intended for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Services are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access our Website or Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative, at your sole risk, and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Wherever you access our Services, you understand and acknowledge that we may transfer, process and store information about you in the United States and other countries. By providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer to, and to the processing and storage of your information in, countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country in which you reside.
Notice of Changes
Contact for Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 303-330-6484.
You may also reach us by mail to the following address:
Chef Ann Foundation
Attn: School Food Institute
5445 Conestoga Court
Boulder, CO 80301