Mission, Vision, and Strategic Planning – 1
Mission, Vision, and Strategic Planning guides participants through the process of planning for systemic, sustainable change in their school meal programs. In this course, you will learn the essentials of strategic planning – from baseline program assessment to defining your program’s mission, vision, values and goals, and developing a multi-year strategic plan to meet your goals for change. We will discuss how to use your Local School Wellness Policy as a tool to create change and garner stakeholder support during transition. This course will help you create a roadmap for long-term change so you can meet your goal of serving the highest quality food to kids in school every day.
- Evaluate your current foodservice program to establish a baseline of your operations and identify opportunities for change.
- Define your program’s mission and vision.
- Develop a wellness policy that supports the values of your meal program.
- Understand the importance of engaging stakeholders in creating change in your school meal program.
- Define long-term goals and objectives for your school meal program.
- Develop a strategic plan that articulates your values and operationalizes your goals and objectives.